The latest release of the BitCurator environment (0.6.2) is now available at our Release site (https://github.com/BitCurator/bitcurator-distro/wiki/Releases). As of 0.6.2, iBiblio serves as our primary distribution site. There should be a noticeable improvement in download speeds, particularly for international users. Direct links and MD5 checksums can be found on the Release page.
This release includes the following updates:
– Removes a bug where raw disk images could not be processed via the GUI
– Updates reporting tool to accommodate recent changes in identify_filenames
– bulk_extractor upgraded to 1.4.4. This addresses a number of issues, including a base64-encoded data handling bug.
– Guymager upgraded to 0.7.3 — many improvements; see http://sourceforge.net/p/guymager/wiki/Guymager%200.7.x/
– Moves pre-release install scripts to a staging area
Our updated Quickstart guide can be found in the Documentation folder on the BitCurator environment desktop.
As with previous releases, this environment is built on a 64-bit version of Ubuntu and may be unstable on certain 32-bit host operating systems, or host hardware with less than 4GB of RAM. Please don’t hesitate to post here if you have questions!