The BitCurator Consortium (BCC) and The Educopia Institute are looking to hire an intern. To learn more about this opportunity, please read below!
Responsible to: Educopia Executive Director
The BitCurator Consortium intern will be responsible for the management of programmatic activities for the BitCurator Consortium (BCC). The intern will be a self-starter with a passionate belief in the importance of digital preservation activities in archives, libraries, and museums.
This position will bear responsibility for a variety of administrative and research-oriented tasks, including: proofreading documents, managing scheduling, taking minutes at meetings, assisting with event hosting, assisting with outreach activities, drafting and updating documentation, and researching best practices for model policies.
The intern will be expected to work 10-15 hours per week, and will be paid $12 per hour.
1. Maintaining content on the BCC website and affiliated resources (e.g., training videos and presentations, bibliography)
2. Making arrangements and sending reminders for meetings with members
3. Recording and disseminating detailed meeting minutes
4. Preparing BCC outreach communications and instruments for conferences and other hosted events
5. Assisting with the creation and population of a library of model documents (policies, workflows, contracts, etc)
6. Assisting with the update and revision of training materials and “how to” resources
7. Assisting with the creation of training and professional development activities/proposals
– Exceptional written and oral communication skills
– Demonstrated interest and involvement in the digital library and digital preservation communities
– Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to change, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of extended groups of member representatives
– Experience in managing collaborative projects
– Proven ability to produce/execute reports and project plans
Instructions to applicants
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Katherine Skinner (Executive Director, Educopia):
email@example.com. Application deadline is May 29, 2015. Candidates will be considered until the position is filled.
The Educopia Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution committed to diversity in its employment and educational programs, thereby creating a welcoming environment for everyone.