The latest release of the BitCurator environment (0.8.4) is now available on our release portal. Direct links and MD5 checksums can be found on the wiki, or you can follow the links below:
This release includes a range of stability updates and bug fixes. Items of note:
– Floppy disk drive access restored. This had become disabled in the previous release due to a system update to the Ubuntu core.
– Installation bug preventing complete installation on laptops with certain types of webcams fixed.
– File system output in Excel format now includes file format identification field.
– BitCurator configuration file (in /etc/bitcurator/bc_report_config.txt) and supporting software module updated to simplify tuning of report file output. Additional documentation to follow on the wiki.
– VirtualBox additions updated to 4.3.10. Our updated Quickstart guide can be found on the release portal, or in the Documentation folder on the BitCurator environment desktop.
As with previous releases, this environment is built on a 64-bit version of Ubuntu and may be unstable on certain 32-bit host operating systems, or host hardware with less than 4GB of RAM. Please don’t hesitate to post here if you have questions!